Saturday, March 31, 2007

Learning Chinese Brush Painting

Chinese Brush Paintings






I have always admired Chinese art, ceramics and paintings since young age. Last October, 2006, I started to attend to a Chinese Brush Paintings classes which I enjoyed tremendously.


My first teacher Julia Lo was inspirational. I studied with her for eight weeks and learned the first basic brush strokes with her. I also have atended a few classes of Sumi-e painting with Andre Solier and hoping to get back to studying with him again this year.


I am a member of a Yahoo Chinese Brush Painting group which has been a tremendous help and given me the opportunity to talk to other ensusiastic artists and teachers of this art.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your works have spirits. They have life.

Haiying

Donn said...

Thanks to Haiying, I found a comment space! I just didn't look far enough.
Love both paintings, especially the sparrows in the first one. They are cute.
Glad to see you set up here too.

Rita said...

Wow! Just looked thru all your paintings! You have obviously had classes and are doing wonderfully! I love your birds! Especially the chicks and the three birds at the bottom. You are doing really well with the landscapes, also. As a beginner, I hope I can be doing as well later on. :)